There are some important things to do after installing your windows operating system. This things are recommended to apply in order to keep your system in a good performance and ready to use. The following things is applicable in all windows operating system.
1. Install device drivers. Device drivers are very important to install in order to optimize your system performance. Those device is very important such as Audio controllers, Video adapters, Network Adapters,Chip-set and other external hardware like webcam, Printer, Scanner etc. Those devices will work properly after installing there respective drivers.
2. Install Windows Updates. It is highly recommended to install windows update after installing windows because it helps to protect your computer from issues and protecting your privacy, It also helping to maintain your computer and hardware performance.
3. Set your display properties to the highest or best video setting compatible to your Monitor.
4. Adjust to its best Performance (XP).
5. Get Back missing Desktop Icons (XP).
6. Install Antivirus. An antivirus program protects you against the known threats online such as viruses, worms, Trojans, spyware, and even hardware. It helps to avoid system corrupt and hardware problems causes by viruses.
7. Install recommended programs needed by your system.
USB Disk Security
8.Install your needed program.
9. Make System Restore. It allows you to restore your computer to a previous state without losing personal data files.
This is a personal tips you can improve these post by leaving your suggestions through comment.